Greg M. Doherty joined Bolton in 2014, bringing with him more than four decades in the insurance business. He has specialized in the dietary supplement industry sector since 2001, and occupies the position as Executive Vice President/Managing director of the Dietary Supplement Practice Group. His clients include a wide range of raw materials suppliers, contract manufacturers and retailers. He also works with formulators, testing labs, and industry consultants. While Greg is the recognized expert on product liability insurance for the dietary supplement industry, over the years he has acquired the expertise to handle and place every kind of commercial insurance a supplement company may need, including but not limited to property, workers’ compensation, automobile, international , professional liability, employment practices liability, directors & officers, cyber liability, aviation and environmental insurance.
Greg is a member of Consultants Association for the Natural Products Industry (CANI), Nutrition Industry Association West, serves on the American Herbal Products Association Sports Nutrition Committee. He is a regular guest columnist for Nutraceuticals World and has been published repeatedly over the years in several trade industry publications.
Greg holds several professional designations, including Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) and Associate in Risk Management (ARM).
Bolton & Company Background
- Founded in 1931 by Dorance D. Bolton
- Over 125 insurance professionals
- Annually place $300,000,000 in written premiums for our clients
- Recognized as one of the top 100 (by size)independently owned brokers in the United States
- Serving clients nationally, from Hawaii to New Jersey
- Continue to maintain our focus as a full service broker dedicated to exemplary service on a personal level
- Recognized by our key carriers in their top echelon of brokerage relationships
- Executives and Management sit on many of the carrier partners brokers advisory boards and broker councils, such as Chubb, CAN, The Hartford, Anthem
Blue Cross, Kaiser Permanente, and others, both on a local and national level
- A proud Assurex Global partner
- Focused on our core business-insurance and risk management
- A partner with leaders in related fields, which allows us to offer full-service solutions to our clients, regardless of their size, location and need
- Named one of the best Places to work in Los Angeles for 2013 and 2014
- Best Practices Agency by the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America
- Business Insurance, 100 Largest Brokers of U.S Business
- Agency of the Year, The Insurance Agents and Brokers of the West
- One of the Top Five Brokers in the UnitedStates by National Underwriters magazine
- Los Angeles Business Journal, Top Insurance Brokerage Firms